Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.

Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

Recent Development activities include the dream big raffle and Touch-a-truck event.

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.



Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

The Annual Fund

Financial gifts that Nurture Creative Thinkers

The bulk of financial gifts to the Montessori School of Westminster are directed to the Annual Fund and allow the administration and classroom guides to expand learning opportunities beyond those already present in the classroom. Financial contributions the Annual Fund support:

  • Classrooms materials, field trips, and resident artists
  • Specials curricula, including art, music, PE, EE, and Spanish
  • Tuition assistance
  • Maintenance and improvements to our building and grounds

Gifts to the Annual Fund are welcome any time of year, as well as during MSW’s annual Winter Giving appeal, which is the cornerstone of our direct development efforts.

Identified needs above and beyond normal operating expenses sometimes present the opportunity for dedicated giving for projects.

  • Scholarship Fund
  • Building or other Capital Improvement campaigns, as needed, such as the current playground fund.

How to Donate

MSW Offers options that make donating easy!

Cash or Check

Deliver to the school office.

Online credit/debit

Donate securely through MSW's PayPal portal.

Fundraising Activities

activities and opportunities for families and friends

Throughout the year, the school hosts activities and opportunities for families and friends to actively support MSW on campus and in the wider community. The 2021-22 school year kicked off with a successful Dream Big Raffle and Touch-a-Truck event. The Hike-a-Thon will return in April 2022!

MSW branded t-shirts and other goods are available for purchase at All School Nights and other school events. In addition, occasional virtual sales take place throughout the year. 

Visit smile.amazon.com, select Montessori School of Westminster, and the school will receive a donation from Amazon of 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Purchases through a browser must be made at smile.amazon.com. Also available on the Amazon shopping app for Android and iOS devices. 

No more clipping! Download the BTFE app to your phone and select MSW as your designated school. Snap a picture of your grocery receipts and upload through the app. Earnings from qualified Box Top purchases are identified and automatically updated online.

Flyers of age-appropriate books are sent home in blue bags several times a year. Purchases through the program earn free books for our classrooms. In addition, MSW hosts an annual Scholastic Book Fair.

Stay tuned for more information about the 2021-22 Book Fair.

contact the development office

Application

Learn More
enerzee-image

Parent Visits

Learn More
enerzee-image

Open House

Learn More
enerzee-image

Request Information

Learn More
enerzee-image

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.

Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

Recent Development activities include the dream big raffle and Touch-a-truck event.

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.



Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

The Annual Fund

Financial gifts that Nurture Creative Thinkers

The bulk of financial gifts to the Montessori School of Westminster are directed to the Annual Fund and allow the administration and classroom guides to expand learning opportunities beyond those already present in the classroom. Financial contributions the Annual Fund support:

  • Classrooms materials, field trips, and resident artists
  • Specials curricula, including art, music, PE, EE, and Spanish
  • Tuition assistance
  • Maintenance and improvements to our building and grounds

Gifts to the Annual Fund are welcome any time of year, as well as during MSW’s annual Winter Giving appeal, which is the cornerstone of our direct development efforts.

Identified needs above and beyond normal operating expenses sometimes present the opportunity for dedicated giving for projects.

  • Scholarship Fund
  • Building or other Capital Improvement campaigns, as needed, such as the current playground fund.

Fundraising Activities

activities and opportunities for families and friends

Throughout the year, the school hosts activities and opportunities for families and friends to actively support MSW on campus and in the wider community. The 2021-22 school year kicked off with a successful Dream Big Raffle and Touch-a-Truck event. The Hike-a-Thon will return in April 2022!

MSW branded t-shirts and other goods are available for purchase at All School Nights and other school events. In addition, occasional virtual sales take place throughout the year. 

Visit smile.amazon.com, select Montessori School of Westminster, and the school will receive a donation from Amazon of 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Purchases through a browser must be made at smile.amazon.com. Also available on the Amazon shopping app for Android and iOS devices. 

No more clipping! Download the BTFE app to your phone and select MSW as your designated school. Snap a picture of your grocery receipts and upload through the app. Earnings from qualified Box Top purchases are identified and automatically updated online.

Flyers of age-appropriate books are sent home in blue bags several times a year. Purchases through the program earn free books for our classrooms. In addition, MSW hosts an annual Scholastic Book Fair.

THE BOOK FAIR WILL NOT TAKE PLACE DURING THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.

contact the development office

Application

Learn More
enerzee-image

Parent Visits

Learn More
enerzee-image

Open House

Learn More
enerzee-image

Request Information

Learn More
enerzee-image
Pledge drive

current students

Current MSW students will collect pledge money from sponsors based on the number of miles they hike during the three-week event. There is no entry fee, and every student will have the opportunity to do at least one hike on campus with their Environmental Ed class.

One hike or 10 – miles are cumulative over all the hikes! Mileage can be submitted during the event online or to the student’s Guide, so we can track how far each class has hiked and how many miles the school has logged during the event. We know not everyone will submit all their hikes during the event, so be sure to hang on to your master mileage sheet so you can collect your per mile pledges and turn in your entire package! There will be the opportunity for students to win prizes as they meet mileage and fundraising milestones.

online hike recorder

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.

Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

Recent Development activities include the dream big raffle and Touch-a-truck event.

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.



Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

The Annual Fund

Financial gifts that Nurture Creative Thinkers

The bulk of financial gifts to the Montessori School of Westminster are directed to the Annual Fund and allow the administration and classroom guides to expand learning opportunities beyond those already present in the classroom. Financial contributions the Annual Fund support:

  • Classrooms materials, field trips, and resident artists
  • Specials curricula, including art, music, PE, EE, and Spanish
  • Tuition assistance
  • Maintenance and improvements to our building and grounds

Gifts to the Annual Fund are welcome any time of year, as well as during MSW’s annual Winter Giving appeal, which is the cornerstone of our direct development efforts.

Identified needs above and beyond normal operating expenses sometimes present the opportunity for dedicated giving for projects.

  • Scholarship Fund
  • Building or other Capital Improvement campaigns, as needed, such as the current playground fund.

Fundraising Activities

activities and opportunities for families and friends

Throughout the year, the school hosts activities and opportunities for families and friends to actively support MSW on campus and in the wider community. The 2021-22 school year kicked off with a successful Dream Big Raffle and Touch-a-Truck event. The Hike-a-Thon will return in April 2022!

MSW branded t-shirts and other goods are available for purchase at All School Nights and other school events. In addition, occasional virtual sales take place throughout the year. 

Visit smile.amazon.com, select Montessori School of Westminster, and the school will receive a donation from Amazon of 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Purchases through a browser must be made at smile.amazon.com. Also available on the Amazon shopping app for Android and iOS devices. 

No more clipping! Download the BTFE app to your phone and select MSW as your designated school. Snap a picture of your grocery receipts and upload through the app. Earnings from qualified Box Top purchases are identified and automatically updated online.

Flyers of age-appropriate books are sent home in blue bags several times a year. Purchases through the program earn free books for our classrooms. In addition, MSW hosts an annual Scholastic Book Fair.

THE BOOK FAIR WILL NOT TAKE PLACE DURING THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.

contact the development office

Application

Learn More
enerzee-image

Parent Visits

Learn More
enerzee-image

Open House

Learn More
enerzee-image

Request Information

Learn More
enerzee-image
Fundraising Activities

activities and opportunities for families and friends

Throughout the year, the school hosts activities and opportunities for families and friends to actively support MSW on campus and in the wider community. The 2021-22 school year kicked off with a successful Dream Big Raffle and Touch-a-Truck event. The Hike-a-Thon will return in April 2022!

MSW branded t-shirts and other goods are available for purchase at All School Nights and other school events. In addition, occasional virtual sales take place throughout the year. 

Visit smile.amazon.com, select Montessori School of Westminster, and the school will receive a donation from Amazon of 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Purchases through a browser must be made at smile.amazon.com. Also available on the Amazon shopping app for Android and iOS devices. 

No more clipping! Download the BTFE app to your phone and select MSW as your designated school. Snap a picture of your grocery receipts and upload through the app. Earnings from qualified Box Top purchases are identified and automatically updated online.

Flyers of age-appropriate books are sent home in blue bags several times a year. Purchases through the program earn free books for our classrooms. In addition, MSW hosts an annual Scholastic Book Fair.

THE BOOK FAIR WILL NOT TAKE PLACE DURING THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.

contact the development office

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.

Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

Recent Development activities include the dream big raffle and Touch-a-truck event.

Development & Fundraising

Invest in your child's future with a Montessori education

The decision to pursue a Montessori education for your child is an investment in their future. Like most private schools, the tuition and fees cover only 95% of the cost of operating the school and educating your child at the Montessori School of Westminster. The other 5% of funding comes from state and private foundation grants; fundraising events; local business sponsorships; and donations from our community of families, alumni, and friends of the school.



Today’s students reap the benefits of those who have financially supported the school in previous years; your contribution will strengthen the school today and for future students.

The Annual Fund

Financial gifts that Nurture Creative Thinkers

The bulk of financial gifts to the Montessori School of Westminster are directed to the Annual Fund and allow the administration and classroom guides to expand learning opportunities beyond those already present in the classroom. Financial contributions the Annual Fund support:

  • Classrooms materials, field trips, and resident artists
  • Specials curricula, including art, music, PE, EE, and Spanish
  • Tuition assistance
  • Maintenance and improvements to our building and grounds

Gifts to the Annual Fund are welcome any time of year, as well as during MSW’s annual Winter Giving appeal, which is the cornerstone of our direct development efforts.

Identified needs above and beyond normal operating expenses sometimes present the opportunity for dedicated giving for projects.

  • Scholarship Fund
  • Building or other Capital Improvement campaigns, as needed, such as the current playground fund.

Fundraising Activities

activities and opportunities for families and friends

Throughout the year, the school hosts activities and opportunities for families and friends to actively support MSW on campus and in the wider community. The 2021-22 school year kicked off with a successful Dream Big Raffle and Touch-a-Truck event. The Hike-a-Thon will return in April 2022!

MSW branded t-shirts and other goods are available for purchase at All School Nights and other school events. In addition, occasional virtual sales take place throughout the year. 

Visit smile.amazon.com, select Montessori School of Westminster, and the school will receive a donation from Amazon of 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Purchases through a browser must be made at smile.amazon.com. Also available on the Amazon shopping app for Android and iOS devices. 

No more clipping! Download the BTFE app to your phone and select MSW as your designated school. Snap a picture of your grocery receipts and upload through the app. Earnings from qualified Box Top purchases are identified and automatically updated online.

Flyers of age-appropriate books are sent home in blue bags several times a year. Purchases through the program earn free books for our classrooms. In addition, MSW hosts an annual Scholastic Book Fair.

THE BOOK FAIR WILL NOT TAKE PLACE DURING THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR.

contact the development office

Application

Learn More
enerzee-image

Parent Visits

Learn More
enerzee-image

Open House

Learn More
enerzee-image

Request Information

Learn More
enerzee-image
Pledge drive

current students

Current MSW students will collect pledge money from sponsors based on the number of miles they hike during the three-week event. There is no entry fee, and every student will have the opportunity to do at least one hike on campus with their Environmental Ed class.

One hike or 10 – miles are cumulative over all the hikes! Mileage can be submitted during the event online or to the student’s Guide, so we can track how far each class has hiked and how many miles the school has logged during the event. We know not everyone will submit all their hikes during the event, so be sure to hang on to your master mileage sheet so you can collect your per mile pledges and turn in your entire package! There will be the opportunity for students to win prizes as they meet mileage and fundraising milestones.

online hike recorder

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY

Dream Big Raffle

Dream Big Raffle

dream big

Thanks to you, The Dream Big Raffle was better than ever!

The MSW community is AMAZING!

You sold 526 raffle tickets, grossing $10,520!! Billy Miller from event sponsor CJ Miller LLC pulled the winning tickets on October 9 during MSW’s Touch-a-Truck event event, including the 50/50 grand prize that awarded $5,260 to the lucky winner. Thank you to all of our families who sold and bought tickets.

Thank you, too, to Barnes-Bollinger Insurance Services, Inc. for its financial support of the raffle; and The Barbour Group, LLC, MSW board member Hassan Mirzaev, and Stratosphere Social for donating prizes for our additional drawings.

Grand Prize: 50/50 cash prize

Ticket 1637 – $5260.00


Additional prize drawings

Ticket 1486

1st Prize:

Case of Cabernet Sauvignon wine

Ticket 1572

2nd Prize:

$100 gift card to Millers Food Market in Manchester

Ticket 1174

3rd Prize:

4-pack gift cards to Stratosphere Social in Eldersburg

dream big

The Dream Big Raffle is back and redesigned for 2021!

Check back here for updates in April.
Ticket sales: May 3-June 1, 2021.
Raffle drawing: MSW Closing Ceremony – Thursday, June 3, 2021
Ticket price: Each $20 ticket enters your name for drawings. The more you purchase, the better your chances!
Please note – due to Carroll County law, raffle ticket purchasers must be at least 21 years old.

Grand Prize: 50/50 cash prize
Additional drawings will include goods and tickets to local activities. More information to come.

Event Sponsors

Application

Learn More
enerzee-image

Parent Visits

Learn More
enerzee-image

Open House

Learn More
enerzee-image

Request Information

Learn More
enerzee-image
X